1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Investment
  4. What are the tax implications of investing via Brickowner?

What are the tax implications of investing via Brickowner?

Corporation tax: If the investment in property is made via the purchase of shares in Brickowner Investments Limited, a UK limited company. The relevant shares are issued specifically to fund the acquisition of an interest in property investment.

Investments will be subject to Corporation tax, and Brickowner will pay this tax directly to the UK tax authorities.

Stamp Duty: There is no stamp duty payable on the subscription for the shares in Brickowner Investments Ltd or on redemption of the shares.

Personal tax (payable by investors): All investors should seek independent tax advice in relation to their personal tax position.

Any investments made via LLP funds managed by Brickowner IM Ltd will not be subject to corporation tax, although any underlying Ltd company SPVs may be liable. These details will be outlined in the Investment Memorandum.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?

Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support

Welcome to Brickowner

The material on the website is intended exclusively for high net worth investors, sophisticated investors and investment professionals. Only these categories of investor will be permitted to participate in the investment opportunities available on the website. A high net worth investor includes an individual with an annual income of at least £100,000 or net assets (excluding principal residence and pensions) of £250,000. A sophisticated investor includes an individual with relevant previous experience in unlisted investments. For more detailed information about the eligibility criteria, please see here. The content of the website is exempt from the general restriction on unauthorised firms communicating financial promotions. If you are unsure about your categorisation or about investing in unlisted property funds, please consult an appropriately qualified independent financial advisor.